Introducing the Yonex Voltric 7 Badminton Racket, which comes in a customary full length bag. It comes in at 27 inches of length (which is 686 millimetres) and is head heavy. The material of the racket is a combination of graphite and tungsten, often proving to be strong and light. At a first glance, we love the look of this racket. I think Yonex have definitely improved the aesthetics of their rackets in recent years. Even though appearance won’t change your performance levels, it’s nice to have a good-looking racket.
The Voltric range specialises in power and speed. They use a thin shaft, a tri-voltic system and an aerodynamic profile that seems to be impressive. However, this all sounds nice until it’s put to the test, right?
We tested this racket in playing conditions to fully understand and discover what this racket can do.
This is a very powerful racket, which is incredible at upping your game. Most of our testers tend to prefer heavy headed rackets anyway, so this was a big benefit to them. Despite the racket being strung at a low tension, the power that can be obtained through this Voltric 7 is quite impressive. Clearing was a breeze.
To fully test this racket, we attempted some smashes and rallies to see how the racket would compare to others. The weight of the head really shined when speed was needed. Net play was also undeniably comfortable with this racket. It was smooth in the air, it was speedy and it was controlled.
Something worth considering, is the dampening effects of this racket. It has brilliant control of vibrations, especially if you’re playing with a plastic shuttlecock.
This could be perhaps the ultimate all-rounded racket for intermediate players or even beginners. After, reading through other reviews, we are not surprised to see similar remarkable results.
While it isn’t in the same league as the VT80 (which is perhaps the daddy of them all?), there is very little to complain about this racket. Considering the average price, it’s perfect for intermediate players. We found the best price to be on Amazon.
If you’re not wanting to spend a fortune on a new racquet, and are looking for the perfect all-rounder, then this is for you. It’s powerful, fast, excellent in defence and awesome around the net. Throughout our testing we realised that this racket is a must have for avid badminton players. Yonex are continually impressing us with their Voltric range and is very quickly becoming the go to brand for badminton players.
TOP 10 BEST SELLERS in Yonex Nanoray
- 2 Nanoray 20 Racquets (colors will be random)
- 1 Tube of Mavis 350 Yellow Medium Nylone Shuttlecock
- Ready to go badminton set!
- Description: High repulsion power for quick attacking.
- Item Code: NR20 / Flex:Hi-Flex / Frame: Graphite / Shaft: Graphite, NANOMESH + CARBON NANOTUBE
- Stringing Advice: 3U 19-24 lbs / Weight & Grip Size: 3U (Ave.88g) G5
- Isometric technology
- Nanomesh and Carbon Nanotube
- TFA Cap
- Original US version
- Flex: Hi-Flex/Frame: Graphite
- Shaft: Graphite, NANOMESH + CARBON NANOTUBE
- Frame - Graphite
- Shaft - Graphite
- Built in T-joint
- Shaft: H.M. Graphite, LIGHT Feel CARBON NEO
- Frame: H.M. Graphite, LIGHT Feel CARBON NEO
- Grip: G5
- Flex: Flexible
- Shaft: Graphite/NANOMESH + CARBON NANOTUBE
- Weight / Grip Size:4U (Ave 83g) G5
- Original US version
- Strung with Yonex BG65 @ 24lbs
- No YY logo on the string.
- Isometric - The square-shaped ISOMETRIC frame shape is designed to keep vertical strings at a similar length, as well as the horizontal strings to produce an expanded sweet spot in all directions.
- Aero-box Frame - Aerodynamic contouring of the top of the frame minimizes air resistance so air flows faster across the curved surface during the swing, accelerating head speed and transferring more speed and power into hits. this construction tapers into the YONEX Box Shape midway through the frame for high stability, low-torque performance and more accuracy.
- Built-in T-joint - Moulded deep into the layers of graphite where the frame connects with the shaft, the YONEX Built-in T-Joint creates a durable and high-strength one-piece frame that is torque-free.